Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7th already!

Is it just me or is this Christmas season flying right past??

Today was the Christmas parade and BOY WAS IT COLD!!! And what made it even colder was that there was a TON of candy being thrown to the kids.. and who can pick up candy with gloves on?? And in Joseph's case.. with Grandpa's gloves on.

We have seen Santa three times now.... and each time Nevin has asked Santa for the Rhino Rhino game, which if you recall is the game we are giving Jesus for his birthday. And Joseph asks for a stuffed dinosaur bird that he saw at COSI (Children's Science Museum). So... today to be clear I asked the boys AGAIN what they have been telling Santa, because I really want to get it right... well Joseph says.. Tuck and Ming Ming (Wonder Pets)... HELLOO!!! I know for a FACT that Tuck and Ming Ming has never ever ever been brought up to Santa, now what do I do??? I am praying that the 4th time is the charm.. we are going to go see Santa at the Library tomorrow night. I will listen very closely and see what we tell the last and final Santa... please!

It's looks like the boys birthday cruise is going to happen. I decided a couple of months back that I wanted to bring the boys on a short cruise for their 4th birthday instead of a big party. Well, we got it booked! We are going February 9th. Yes, I know their birthday is not until the 17th of March.. but that is the PEAK of Spring Break season, so they better get used to birthday vacation happening in February. Any who.. we are leaving out of Miami on a 4 night cruise. We got to Key West and Cozumel. Right now planned to go is my friend Wendy, her mom and her two kids Kennedy and Kayden, My sister, her husband and their little girl Shannon. My cousins Wendy and Jennifer. Anyone else want to join come along. Total with tax, port charges, gas..etc.. it's under $250 a person. It's the Carnival Imagination, check it out! Water slide on board!!

And yes I know it's a bit of a splurge for a 4th birthday, but it's so much more than that. It's been almost two years since I have been on vacation, and from traveling as much as I did and taking for granted the ability to go places.. we have planned and saved and BEYOND excited. Even though Nevin tells me he does not like airplanes and does not like big boats. Yes, the boy who has already flown more time than many adults I know.

For the first time in 2 years I feel good about something and the ability to look forward without worry.... OK.. maybe a little worry, I am a worrier you know..

No comments: